Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

PhD. Reality.


Assalamualaikum,

To be honest, penat sungguh menjadi seorang PhD student . Of course people always thought that PhD students always know EVERYTHING! Yes, EVERYTHING with capital letters. Like me, I am a PhD student in Chemistry. So some of my family, my friends, my students thought that I know EVERYTHING in Chemistry. So, sometimes bila diorang tanya soalan luar alam, and I was just like.. "hah,errrmmm tak sure la pulak.." Then, they will replied like "hah, kata student PhD......, takkan tak tahu..!!" and I was like ptttffffff :p

Common guys, doesn't mean I am a PhD student, I know everything!.. And doesn't mean if I cant answer, then I know nothing! Betul tak? kan!!

Well, this would explain everything. I hope:-

Imagine a circle that contains all of human knowledge:

By the time you finish elementary school, you know a little:

By the time you finish high school, you know a bit more:

With a bachelor's degree, you gain a specialty:

A master's degree deepens that specialty:

Reading research papers takes you to the edge of human knowledge:

Once you're at the boundary, you focus:

You push at the boundary for a few years:

Until one day, the boundary gives way:


And, that dent you've made is called a Ph.D.:


Of course, the world looks different to you now:


So, don't forget the bigger picture:


Keep pushing.

 [Source: http://matt.might.net/articles/phd-school-in-pictures/]

See, Nampak tak? Phd tu tak lain dan tak bukan hanya sebesar ketuat je.. Ketuat pun lagi besar! And please don't underestimate me if I cant answer your question!

No comments:

Post a Comment